Friday, February 10, 2012

2000 Pt Blood Angels List- Descent of Angels

Here is the 2000 pt Blood Angel list I am running of late.
HQ- Commander Dante: 225
HQ- Librarian: 125- Jump Pack, Unleash Rage, Shield of Sanguinus
Elites- Sanguinary Priests (3): 230- 3 x Jump Pack, 1 x Meltabomb
Troops- Sanguinary Guard (5): 250- Powerfist, Chapter Banner, Infernus Pistol
Troops- Assault Squad (10): 240- 2 x Melta-guns, Infernus Pistol, Power Weapon
Troops- Assault Squad (10): 235- 2 x Melta-guns, Power Fist
Troops- Assault Squad (10): 225- 2 x Flamers, Hand Flamer, Lightning Claw
Fast Attack - Baal Predator: 130- Flamestorm Cannon/Assault Cannon, Extra Armour
Fast Attack- Baal Predator: 130- Flamestorm Cannon/Assault Cannon, Extra Armour
Fast Attack- Vanguard Veterans (5): 210- Thunder Hammer, 2 x Power Weapon

Pts: 2000 Scoring Units: 4-7 KPs: 12-15

I know a lot of people have been hating on Dante, as he is kinda a dick choice against your opponents. If my opponent really feels that way, I typically don't enforce his Death Mask. I take him for 3 reasons.
1- I love his fluff and the model.
2- As a result of 1, I have ALWAYS taken Dante. I used to always take Lemartes as well, but DC just isn't as great a choice any more, though given the opportunity, I take him.
3- I can't justify taking Sanguinary Guard without having them be troops, thus Dante is a MUST.

The Librarian is a new addition. Librarians are just a must these days for psychic defense. As well, his Shield of Sanguinus really is great for DoA armies, and Unleash Rage on a BA squad on the charge is just brutal.

I magnetized my Baal Weapons to maintian tactical flexibility. Though in a tournament I would fix them, most likely as assault cannons, if I know I am going to face a horde or super power armour lists rather than mech, the flamestorms are a better choice.

As well I have fine tuned it down to 3 Priests, giving 1 a MB just to gap 5 pts at the end.